STUDENTS ENROLLED AT SCRANTON PREPARATORY SCHOOL are required to have a physical examination at the following times:
• Freshman year. Due prior to the first day of school.
• Junior year. (Pa. State Mandated)
The physical form can be found at the school’s main office or by clicking the following link.
Freshman and Junior School Physical Form
Students are responsible to see their family physician for the exam and must attach a copy of their current up-to-date immunizations for their record.
All students are required to complete an emergency contact/medical information card each school year. These cards are collected and kept in the medical room. IF YOUR STUDENT HAS SEVERE ALLERGIES OR SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION PLEASE CONTACT THE NURSE. If your child requires medication during school hours, (whether prescription or over the counter) additional forms are necessary. Medication cannot be dispensed without parental consent and physician order.
Pennsylvania State law requires health services be provided to every student enrolled in public/private institutions. These services which are done at Prep include the following:
• Vision screening (Yearly with referral sent home for failed testing)
• Height/weight measurement with BMI calculation (Written results of your child’s BMI are available upon request.) (Yearly)
• Hearing screening is done during a students’ Junior year (referral sent home for failed testing)
If you have any concerns or do not want your child screened, please contact the nurse.